Over £4,000 in compensation to man electrocuted at work

Our client was working on a construction site for a few months prior to the accident. Our client went to visit the mobile canteen and when he tried to open the door he suffered a severe electric shock.

It transpired later that a labourer had been instructed to undertake some electrical work  in the canteen. The labourer was not a qualified electrician and the work had not been signed off as being safe. It was found that the electrics in the canteen were dangerous.

As a result of the faulty electrics our client suffered injury and loss.

Our Client’s Injuries

Electric shock causing nerve damage in his arm and hand leaving our client with an irregular heartbeat.

 What Hayward Baker did to help?

We ran the case on a No Win No Fee basis and having informed the defendant insurers of why they were to blame for the accident they initially denied liability. However we continued with the claim and obtained evidence to support our client’s version of events. We obtained a medical reports from numerous  experts  to prove our client’s injures and to obtain a final prognosis. It was these reports we used to help value our client’s claim for damages and associated losses such as travel expenses and loss of earnings.

The insurers finally admitted liability and the case was settled out of Court.

Compensation

We obtained just over £4,000 in compensation for our client.

This website uses cookies to give you the best experience. Agree by clicking the 'Accept' button.