Food Service Assistant who received an electric shock at her place of work is awarded over £4,500 in compensation

Mem_1957_cu_closedOur client was working in a school kitchen where she was cleaning the wash up area ready for the next shift.

She fetched a bucket of hot soapy water and proceeded to wash down the plate wash machine and at the same time her hand made contact with the waterproof on/off switch control box and she was electrocuted. She immediately felt ill and she was taken to the local walk in medical centre and following that to the local hospital Accident & Emergency Unit.

Our Client’s Injuries:

Electric shock which exacerbated her depression.

How did Hayward Baker Help:

Susan Burden one of our senior claims specialists handled the case and made the claim via the low value personal injury portal.

We were pleased to report to our client that the Defendant insurers had confirmed that liability was not disputed and subject to medical evidence that they would be paying our client compensation for her injury.

Compensation Calculator Link

Susan obtained our client’s GP and hospital medical records and arranged for our client to be examined by an Accident & Emergency Consultant.

The medical report subsequently proved our clients injures and highlighted that our client also had a loss of earnings claim.

Once our client approved signed and approved her medical report and schedule of out of pocket expenses Susan disclosed the same to the Defendant insurers asking that they make an offer in settlement of our client’s claim.

After some heavy negotiating on behalf of our client by Susan the defendants eventually agreed a settlement figure.


Our client’s claim settled for £4,657.65

Free No Obligation Advice

If you’ve been involved in an accident or suffered an injury, you probably have many more questions than answers.  Contact Hayward Baker on 01329 227 986 or complete our On-Line Form today to discuss the potential for a Personal Injury Claim.

Have you suffered an injury in the workplace?

You may be entitled to claim compensation.

Food Service Assistant who received an electric shock at her place of work is awarded over £4,500 in compensation
Scroll to top