Be safe when around fireworks and where possible go to a proper organised event. if at home follow the simple common-sense rules below to ensure the safety of you and your family.
1. Follow the Fireworks Code.
- Keep fireworks in a closed box
- Follow the instructions on each firework
- Light all fireworks at arms length
- Stand well back
- Never go back to a lit firework
- Never put fireworks in your pocket
- Never throw fireworks
- Keep Pets indoors
- Keep children away from any fireworks and certainly do not let them light them
- Do not throw old fireworks even used in the bonfire
2. Use only BS 7114 Fireworks
- Check this when you are buying. All reputable dealers will only sell fireworks to this standard and if you are ever offered any others leave them alone!
3. Take special care with sparklers
- Sparklers can be beautiful and enjoyable for young children but adults must be aware of their potential. Sparklers are the cause of a disproportionate number of injuries but only a few simple precautions are necessary.
- Always supervise children with sparklers.
- Teach them to hold the sparkler at arms length, but not near anyone else
- Sparklers are not for the under 5s. They will be labeled as such and it is yourresponsibility.
- Have a container of water handy, big enough for the spent sparkler. Dump the sparkler in it as soon as it goes out.
- Wear gloves or mittens when holding sparklers
Should you be injured by a firework through no fault of your own then you may be entitled to claim compensation. For further information call us on 0800 1077 321
Free No Obligation Advice
If you’ve been involved in an accident or suffered an injury, you probably have many more questions than answers. Contact Hayward Baker on 01329 227 986 or complete our On-Line Form today to discuss the potential for a Personal Injury Claim.
Suffered an injury or illness due to a faulty product?
You may be entitled to claim compensation.