A widow from Glossop whose husband was killed by an asbestos-related disease is backing a new campaign designed to stop people from suffering a similar fate.
Margaret Dyson’s husband Harold died last year from mesothelioma after being exposed to asbestos while working as a joiner fitting out supermarket cold rooms.
"My message to people in the building trade is simple; never touch asbestos, and make sure that its removed by the proper people because its a huge health hazard," commented Mrs Dyson.
Around 20 tradesmen die from asbestos-related causes every week, figures from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) have revealed.
The safety body now working to protect people from this kind of work injury through a GBP 1.2 million campaign launched today (November 2nd).
It follows the prosecution of two businesses and a company director after workers in a Manchester recycling plant were exposed to the potentially deadly material.
Free No Obligation Advice
If you’ve been involved in an accident or suffered an injury, you probably have many more questions than answers. Contact Hayward Baker on 01329 227 986 or complete our On-Line Form today to discuss the potential for a Personal Injury Claim.
Have you suffered an injury in the workplace?
You may be entitled to claim compensation.