A farm has been fined GBP 10,000 after one of its employees was injured in an accident at work.
David McMullan was working at Waldersley Farms' Crouchmoor site in Littleport, Cambridgeshire, when the incident took place in October 2009.
He was lifting irrigation equipment when one of the pipes made contact with a 33,000-volt overhead power line.
This resulted in an electric shock, meaning that Mr McMullan, 20, from Armoy, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, suffered internal injuries and severe burns and had to have his big toe amputated.
The farming firm, based at Lynn Road, Southery, Downham Market, admitted breaching Regulation 4(3) of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and was ordered to pay GBP 2,223.38 in costs on top of the GBP 10,000 fine.
Last month, Dwyer Engineering Services Ltd was fined GBP 20,000 after one of its employees suffered red severe burns when he was electrocuted in an accident at work.
Posted by Trevor Baker