A gas fitter who put people at risk of a personal injury by installing a boiler and pipework despite not being registered has been fined GBP 600.
Janusz Mazur was self-employed when he misled a customer into believing he was legally registered to carry out the work at a flat in Tooting Bec.
An investigation by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) found that the work carried out by Mr Mazur was "sub-standard" and put the flat's occupier in danger of a personal injury.
HSE inspector Saif Deen said: "There is no excuse for illegally carrying out work on gas appliances and to falsely claim Gas Safe Register membership in order to defraud customers is a very serious offence."
He added that the householder in this case suffered a great deal of stress and feared for her safety as a result of Mr Mazur's actions.
A self-employed Lockerbie-based builder was recently given a Community Service Order after he carried out an unsafe gas installation, which had the potential to injure the occupants of the house.
Posted by Alison Spriggs