A gas fitter has been fined after he was found to be putting himself and others at risk of accidents at work.
Anthony Trevor Hughes, 47, of Gwalchmai, Anglesey, was responsible for a catalogue of defective work.
He made basic errors when installing gas appliances and was not registered with the official accreditation scheme, as is required by law to carry out such work.
Mr Hughes pleaded guilty to five breaches of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 and was fined GBP 2,625 and had to pay costs of GBP 7,500.
Paul Johnson, chief executive of Gas Safe Register, said: "Only a Gas Safe registered engineer should carry out gas work in your property. Every registered engineer carries a Gas Safe Register ID card with their own unique licence number."
Earlier this month, Newlincs Services Ltd, of Dudley Street, Grimsby was fined GBP 5,000 after three men were involved in an accident at work that saw them exposed to carbon monoxide.
Posted by Alison Spriggs