A woman who was temporarily blinded after she suffered a severe allergic reaction to a hair dye has secured a GBP 20,000 injury compensation payout.
Charlotte Gilchrist, who was 16 at the time, was preparing for her school prom with a hair dye treatment when the hairdresser applied the colour without conducting a skin patch test.
Her face swelled up, creating blisters on the skin and she was left unable to open her eyes for five days.
Ms Gilchrist has now received a GBP 2,000 injury compensation payout plus GBP 18,000 towards her legal costs.
"Hairdressers have a responsibility to their clients," she commented.
"It could happen to anyone they don’t know how sensitive people are so a skin test is a must."
The news follows reports that three train drivers in Wales suffering from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome have been awarded more than GBP 22,000 in injury compensation.