Safety professionals are being warned they could face fines or injury compensation claims if they fail to carry out their work properly, after a number of inflatable play devices were found to be unsafe.
The warning follows a Health and Safety Executive (HSE) inspection into Peter John Morrell, who was found to have issued pass certificates for a number of inflatable devices despite the presence of safety-related faults.
It was later discovered that although Mr Morrell operated as an ‘Inspector of Inflatables’, he was not registered with any of the recognised authorities involved with the inspection of such equipment.
"Anyone issuing safety certificates for unsafe inflatables could be risking the health and safety of young children enjoying a moment of leisure and pleasure," said HSE inspector Janice Dale.
The HSE has also warned electrical retailers and their customers to make sure digital TV installation engineers are genuine, as part of a safety campaign in Devon and Cornwall.
Free No Obligation Advice
If you’ve been involved in an accident or suffered an injury, you probably have many more questions than answers. Contact Hayward Baker on 01329 227 986 or complete our On-Line Form today to discuss the potential for a Personal Injury Claim.
Suffered an injury or illness due to a faulty product?
You may be entitled to claim compensation.