The victims of an outbreak of food poisoning in an Ilkley restaurant have vowed to continue their fight for injury compensation.
Diners became ill after eating at the Saffron restaurant in the town in 2007 due to an outbreak of the rare gastro-intestinal bug giardia lamblia, the Ilkley Gazette reports.
The restaurant owners, Mohammed Ayb and Abdul Gafoor, were banned from working with food for life and given suspended jail sentences at Bradford Crown Court last Friday (August 28th).
During the trial, recorder Carl Gumsley described the restaurant’s hygiene standards as "criminally inept".
One of the victims, a woman from Burley-in-Wharfedale, has called appealed to other suffers to form an action group in order to secure injury compensation for the incident, according to the paper.
The case follows news that a family from Weston-Super-Mare has launched an injury compensation claim against tour operator First Choice after they fell ill with food poisoning while on holiday in Egypt.