A Plymouth man who suffered blisters and breathing problems from a toxic sofa is hoping to claim injury compensation.
Barry Green, 59, became ill after purchasing a sofa from Land of Leather at Marsh Mills that contained sachets of anti-mould fungicide, the Plymouth Herald reports.
He spent a week in hospital, eventually suffering from pneumonia and heart failure.
"If I walk up a slope I get out of breath. I work in the dockyard on nuclear subs and I can’t go onboard anymore because I get out of breath and claustrophobic," Mr Green told the paper.
He is now hoping to receive an injury compensation payout, despite the fact that Land of Leather has folded, after a West Midlands man successfully claimed under similar circumstances.
Land of Leather went into administration in the early days of 2009, blaming lack of consumer spending on higher-end products which led to disappointing sales in January.