People who work outdoors in the Lancashire area have been warned to take extra care to avoid work injuries near overhead power lines after two men suffered serious electric shocks.
Two employees of Huntapac, a vegetable company based near Preston, were listing a metal ladder into a water pump shaft when it touched the 11,000-volt lines.
One worker was knocked unconscious by the shock and suffered electrical burns to a hand and both his feet, while his colleague also sustained badly burned feet in the incident.
Health and Safety Executive (HSE) Matt Lea said a simple safety check should have been carried out at the site, which would have identified the power lines as a potential danger.
"I hope this case will remind companies how important it is for health and safety checks to take place ahead of work starting at a new site," he added.
It follows a similar work injury in Newton, Wales, in which an employee fell from the roof he was working on after the roofing material he was holding came into contact with a power line.