Welder receives electric shock in Whaplode

Firms have been reminded that keeping their electrical systems in check will help them to avoid injury compensation claims and fines after a welder received an electric shock in Whaplode.

Stewart Baxter, who was employed at D A Green & Sons, suffered burns to his fingers while connecting a portable welder to an extension cable and required a week off work after the incident, which occurred in 2008.

A Health and Safety Executive (HSE) investigation found that much of the company’s electrical installation was dangerously under-maintained, having been installed 50 years ago.

"This prosecution illustrates how important it is for factory owners to regularly inspect their electrical equipment," commented HSE inspector Jo Anderson.

"D A Green & Sons Ltd employs 50 staff whose health and safety has been at risk over many years."

The incident comes soon after reports that a Staffordshire man suffered a severe electric shock when the arm of his truck touched power cables.ADNFCR-2070-ID-19355977-ADNFCR

Welder receives electric shock in Whaplode

This website uses cookies to give you the best experience. Agree by clicking the 'Accept' button.

call now 

01329 227974