A woman from Hatfield, Hertfordshire, has been offered compensation after her washing machine exploded.
Clare Knight told the Walwyn and Hatfield Times that she thought a car had driven into her house when she heard the loud bang.
"It could have killed my dog, Excalibur. He was near it at the time and he was clearly in shock for the rest of the night, he didn't move," she said.
Ms Knight went on to suggest that, if the Indesit appliance had exploded when her children Clarissa and Macy had been near, then they could have been severely injured.
The 31-year-old said that she had only bought the washing machine 18 months before the incident took place.
She said that a worker who came round to inspect the damage said he had never seen anything like it before.
Earlier this month, George Forbes, 62, of Nigg, Aberdeen, who was set on fire in an explosion at work, was awarded GBP 4,000 in injury compensation.
Posted by Verity Taylor
Free No Obligation Advice
If you’ve been involved in an accident or suffered an injury, you probably have many more questions than answers. Contact Hayward Baker on 01329 227 986 or complete our On-Line Form today to discuss the potential for a Personal Injury Claim.
Suffered an injury or illness due to a faulty product?
You may be entitled to claim compensation.