What to do after you have had a road traffic accident

Procedure to follow after a Road Traffic Accident

You will need to report the accident to the police if you were injured as a result of a road traffic accident and if your vehicle was involved your insurers. headlamp-2940_640If you are fit to do so then at the time of the accident, obtain the following information to help support your claim.

  • Obtain contact information from all parties involved
  • Obtain witness statements or witness details
  • Take photographs of the accident location and position of vehicles if they have not been moved
  • If you are unable to exchange details with the defendant then you should report the accident to the police¬†within 24 hours
  • Obtain vehicle registration numbers
  • Take a description of the person you are blaming for the accident
  • Take photographs of any damage

This website uses cookies to give you the best experience. Agree by clicking the 'Accept' button.