Helpful information required to help prove you were injured in an accident at work
You will need to gather as much information as possible to help prove your claim and the quicker this is done the better as this will ensure a greater chance of success.
- Report the accident to your employer, head of human resources or your health and safety officer at the time of the accident (Assuming you are able at the time).
- Make sure the accident and injuries are recorded in your employers accident book. Your employer is required to have this book by law. This record will be helpful in proving your injury claim.
- Take a note of any witnesses and a note of any CCTV cameras in operation in the areas you were injured.
- Take photographs of your injuries and the area where the accident happened.
- Retain all medical documents where you have had to visit your GP and/or hospital.
- Keep any items damaged due to the accident such as clothing and personal items like watches etc.
- Keep any receipts for money paid out for travel to medical appointments or for any medical expenses you incurred due to your injury.
Get a quick estimate of your claim