Can I make a Personal Injury claim for a military accident?

If you are a serving or retired member of any of the Armed Forces and wish to bring a claim against the Ministry of Defence for injuries suffered in service that was no fault of your own, we will be able to help you to bring your claim.

Please note that there are strict time limits for claiming and military personnel have the same limitations for personal injury claims as their civilian counterpart.

The limitation period is 3 years from the date of the accident. So if you were injured in a non fault accident over 3 years ago you are likely to be out of time. However if you were under 18 years old at the time of the non fault accident then you may still be within the limits as the 3 years runs from the date of your 18th birthday.

The limit for Criminal Compensation Claims is 2 years.

Any claims made under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS) have to be made within 7 years of the accident date.

If you are unsure if you are entitled to make a claim for your injury contact us for a free no obligation discussion with one of our personal injury Specialists on 0800 1077 321 or use our ‘Can we help’ form on this page.

Frequently Asked Questions about Military Personal Injury Claims

Scroll to top