Can I make a claim against the M.O.D if I am no longer serving?

Yes you can still claim as long as the accident that caused your injury was not your fault and the time-scales are as follows;

The limitation period is 3 years from the date of the accident. So if you were injured in a non fault accident over 3 years ago you are likely to be out of time. However if you were under 18 years old at the time of the non fault accident then you may still be within the limits as the 3 years runs from the date of your 18th birthday.

The limit for Criminal Compensation Claims is 2 years.

Any claims made under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS) have to be made within 7 years of the accident date.

If you are unsure if you are entitled to make a claim for your injury contact us for a free no obligation discussion with one of our personal injury Specialists on 0800 1077 321 or use our ‘Can we help’ form on this page.

Frequently Asked Questions about Military Personal Injury Claims

Scroll to top