Military Claims – Criminal Injuries

Criminal Injury Compensation Claims whilst serving in the military

If you become injured due to a violent crime whilst you are serving in the UK or any UK territory, you could be entitled to claim compensation under the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) Scheme 2001.

As a serving member of the armed forces you may have suffered a crime of violence whilst serving abroad. if this is the vase then you may be entitled to claim compensation under the Criminal injuries Compensation (overseas) Scheme (CICO). However should you make an application for compensation under the CICO Scheme you will need the form to be counter-signed by your Commanding Officer.

There is a limit for application under both of the above schemes which is two years from the date of the incident. Should an award be made under the scheme then compensation may be provided for personal injury and some financial losses.

Please call us now for free no obligation advice on Criminal Injuries  Compensation on 01329 227 986

Scroll to top