By using our website (www.hayward-baker.co.uk) or instructing us on any matter, you agree to us collecting and processing your personal data in accordance with this policy.
For the purposes of the Act, the data controller is Hayward Baker Solicitors, First Floor Wates House, Wallington Hill Fareham Hampshire PO167BJ
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU AND PROCESS
We collect, use and retain information about you only where we believe it is justified, required and useful in order to provide you the support and services you require or have enquired about.
You may give us information about you by completing one of our web forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, text message, post or otherwise. You may provide us with information when you subscribe to our mailing lists, or when you initially instruct us on a matter (and as the matter progresses).The information you provide could include your full name and address, email, phone number, financial information as well as sensitive information personal data such as health details and records. Additional information collected may be about your family and your employment, and where applicable details of your business.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any work we undertake on your behalf;
- to communicate with others as necessary in connection with our service to you;
- to enable others working with us to provide services to you;
- to provide you with information about any other services that we feel may be of help to you;
- for our internal administrative procedures;
- to notify you about changes to our service or web site;
- to enable our third party suppliers to carry out their services or to improve our business processes
We may need to use sensitive personal data to the extent reasonably required in connection with your matter. This could include information relating to trade union membership, sexual life, physical or mental health, the commission or alleged commission of any offence or any related proceedings.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
When you visit our site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, location, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the pages you access us from and any pages you click through to on our website, the length of time on each page, any interaction with the site such as filling out forms
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant material to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them; and
- to deploy industry-leading technology to keep our site safe and secure.
INFORMATION WE RECEVE FROM OTHER SOURCES
We work closely with third parties (including, technical and delivery service providers, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, medical agencies, and other solicitors or experts who have been instructed in relation to your matter.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes of our work for you.
Due to the nature of the services we provide, we may use sensitive personal data received from other sources relating to you in connection with our work.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information:
- during the conduct of your case where it is necessary for us to have contact with a third party and to disclose information to them in order to progress the matter. This might include information disclosed to a barrister or consultant. You agree to us using our professional judgement in such instances and authorise us to disclose any such information as we consider to be in your best interests at the time;
- with our third party suppliers to carry out their services for us
- to monitor e-mails to investigate or detect unauthorised use of our e-mail system, or for any purpose permitted by law. We may collect personal data about the people sending and/or receiving the e-mail, or which is contained in the e-mail;
- to ensure that our service is continually of a good quality and complies with proper professional standards;
- with bodies assessing our performance, such as the Solicitors Regulation Authority and The Law Society. Unless you notify us otherwise in writing, we will assume we have your authority to produce your file and other documents and to give information for that purpose to those authorities and their assessors and auditors as part of our compliance with accounting and professional rules and standards;
- with business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any work we do with them or with you;
- with data analysis, search engine and marketing providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to: comply with any legal obligation; to enforce any agreement(s) we have with you; or to protect our rights, property, safety, clients and/or other persons connected to us. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information we hold about you is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The cookies we use are analytical cookies. These allow us to record the number of visits to our site and the pages that visitors have visited. These analytical cookies only collect information in an anonymous form. We use this information to compile reports on the activity through our site and assist us to make improvements to it.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. Internet browsers often allow you to prevent this. If your browser is set to allow cookies, our system will issue cookies as soon as you visit our site. Some of our website features may not function if you set your browser not to accept cookies.
Our site may contain various links to other sites that are operated and/or owned by third parties. We do not have control over such third party sites which will have their own privacy policies and cannot accept responsibility should you decide to enter them. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. If you would like to access any of the information we hold about you please write to Keith Hayward at the address given below. There may be some information we are unable to provide to you.
If you have any queries about the use of your information please contact Keith Hayward at Hayward Baker Solicitors, First Floor,Wates House,Wallington Hill, Fareham, PO16 7BJ